Admission according to eligibility criteria, will be made as per the following procedure, subject to the Reservation Policy given in the Prospectus:
- 75% seats in all B.Tech/M. Tech. (Five-Year Integrated) Courses after 10+2, will be filled on merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized Board/Council. (25% seats will be filled on the basis of JEE merit.)
- 75% seats in MBA/M.Tech. (2-Year after graduation) courses will be filled on the basis of merit list prepared as per marks obtained in the qualifying examination from a recognized University. (25% seats of MBA will be filled as per merit ranking in CMAT and M.Tech. (2-Year after graduation) on the basis of percentile in GATE.)
- All seats in other courses will be filled on merit, prepared on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination. (Note: If seats under 75% or 25% categories remain unfilled, the admission will be category-wise interchangeable, subject to overall Reservation Policy.)
- Admission to Ph.D. course in different disciplines will be as per UGC guidelines. Entrance Test will be conducted for admission. Number of seats in different disciplines will be notified before the entrance test.
- Weightage respectively of 1%, 2% and 3% of marks obtained in the qualifying examination will be given to holders of A, B and C certificates for boys and G1, G2 or G3 certificates for girls for NCC, NSS, Youth Activities, subject to a maximum of 6% of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- In the case of a tie among candidates securing equal marks on the merit list, the same will be broken in accordance with the following criteria:
- Candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in age also, the candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be ranked higher in order of merit.
- The list of selected candidates and those placed on the 'Waiting list', for admission to various courses shall be displayed on the Notice Board. The selected candidates shall have to deposit total fee by the prescribed date, failing which their admission shall stand cancelled and the vacated seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
- Initially the admission will be provisional. It will be regularized subject to the verification of all eligibility conditions mentioned in the Prospectus. If on verification at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/ her admission will be cancelled and he/ she will have no claim whatsoever against the University.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA GUIDELINES
- Eligibility criteria for admission to different courses are given under the relevant sub-heads of the Prospectus. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently abled (Physically & Visually Challenged Person(s) provided they produce a medical certificate of at least 40% physical disability) shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks in the aggregate percentage. Fractional round off to higher whole number is allowed viz 49.5% and above will be rounded off to 50%.
- Candidates who have been awarded grades in the qualifying examination have to produce the required conversion formula for converting the grades scored by them into percentage marks. In case it is not available from the concerned organization, the Admission Committee will decide the weightage.
- Candidates who are due to appear or have appeared in the qualifying examination or any other examination considered as equivalent thereof, and the result is not available, may also apply for admission but the result of the qualifying examination must be submitted at the time of counselling or on the last date of admission, failing which they will have no claim whatsoever to admission.
- Any certificate/ degree/ diploma obtained from a University, Board, Council, Institution, College, etc. notified as fake by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or any other authority, shall not be considered as a basis for admission to any course of the University. If a candidate applies/ takes admission on such basis, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, as and when it comes to the notice of the University Authorities.
- Personal appearance of the candidate at the time of counselling is mandatory for admission. He/She must produce original certificates/ testimonials/ documents at that time.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETE ADMISSION FORM
Admission Form duly filled in and signed, along with the prescribed documents, would be considered as complete admission form.
- All the particulars required in the Form must be filled in and no column should be left blank.
- Separate Form should be filled for each course.
- Original certificates are to be produced at the time of counselling.
- Each candidate must indicate, the reservation category, if applicable, of the seat for which he/she has applied in his/ her Admission Form. A certificate of reserved category issued by the competent authority must be attached with the form, on or before the last date of submission of admission form. No benefit of reservation will be given if reservation category is not mentioned in the admission form. The candidate will be considered for the general category in such cases.
- Complete Admission Form is to be submitted before or by the due date or with late fee by the date mentioned, online or in person, or through registered post or speed post at the following address: Admission Cell, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib-140406 (Punjab).
- The University will not take responsibility for any postal delay or loss in transit of the Admission Form/ documents.
- Applications incomplete in any manner or without requisite documents or those received after due date shall not be entertained.
- The Admission Cell will remain open on Six days of the week (Monday to Saturday) from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates must obtain an acknowledgment for submission of Admission Form and attached documents submitted to the University.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE ADMISSION FORM
- Self-attested Photostat copy of Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing date of birth.
- Self-attested Photostat copy of Detailed Marks Card of the qualifying examination, or evidence of having appeared in the qualifying examination.
- Character certificate issued by the Principal of the school/college last attended.
- Four recent passport size self-attested photographs pasted with glue on the Form at specified places (Please do not use staple pins).
- Domicile/ Reserved category certificate, as per format available on the University website, wherever applicable.
- Candidate with a gap of one year or more will have to submit an affidavit to the satisfaction of the Admission Committee that he/ she was not involved in any criminal activity during the gap period.
- Persons with Disability must submit a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned district, which should clearly indicate the extent of disability. The candidate with minimum 40% permanent disability is eligible for admission under this category. Format of the Certificate is available on the University website (www.sggswu.edu.in).
- Admission Form must be filled in and signed by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and duly countersigned by the father/ guardian.
- If sufficient number of candidates belonging to any reserved category (for details refer to clause “Reservation of Seats”) are not available by the stipulated date, the vacant seats will be offered to the general category candidates.
- Seats remaining vacant in any category (including those transferred from the reserved category) will be offered to the next candidate(s) on the waiting list.
- If a student remains absent continuously for ten working days from the beginning of the academic session (after depositing the admission fee), without permission from the competent authority, his/ her admission will stand cancelled. However, if the student requests for re-admission justifying his/ her absence, within two weeks from the date of the cancellation of his/her admission, the Head of the Department may re-admit the student on the merit of the case, with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor.
In case such a candidate does not seek re-admission, the seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list (if available) or otherwise to any other candidate, subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
CHANGE OF COURSE
A student, who wishes to change the stream/ specialization in the course or change from one course to another, will have to fill the Course Transfer Form available in admission cell and will have to deposit the requisite fee. However, such a change/ transfer will be permitted by the University subject to:
- Availability of seat in the programme applied for change.
- Fulfilment of eligibility criteria for new course.
For More Information Contact Admission Cell at: firstname.lastname@example.org